Saturday, June 28, 2008

She's gone...


Kyra and friends (pictured here, from left to right, Kyra, Emily, Diamond and Maria) left this morning at 6 am to go to Washington DC and Williamsburg VA for 5 days. I left work early yesterday to pick Kyra up from her dad's; we came home and washed & braided her hair, packed, and added minutes to her cell phone. Kyra was overtired and overwrought, so she went to bed at 8:00. When the alarm went off at 4 am I thought she'd be up and ready to go, but instead I had to drag her out of bed. We got to the stadium at 5:00 and stood around with her group until they were allowed to board the bus. We even saw Angie from church (she is on bus 4, Kyra's group is on bus 3). In all there were 10 buses of 5th graders from all over Duval County (including Noah, also from church, but we didn't see him). Kyra is excited & nervous at the same time-she's really at that in-between age where she's anxious to be independent of me but still wanting me to hold her and reassure her that everything will be okay. I remember how it feels to be her age-still playing with dolls one day, the next day calling boys in our class and then hanging up on them when they answer. I hope she has a great trip!

No comments: